At Glasswall, we do things differently. Good different. And we’re not just talking about it; we’re walking the walk. The amount of growth, progression, learning and positivity that we are experiencing right now is extremely exciting.
We are now seeking exceptional talent to add to our team. The next generation of talent who will be as excited as we are by modern thinking and ways of working. Integral to our culture is openness, transparency, and diversity. We aim to find talent from many walks of life. We believe that bringing different viewpoints and experiences to the work we do means we will continue to do it better.
Come and join Glasswall. We are a leading British cybersecurity success story and have big ambitions for the future ahead. A leader in the field of Content Disarm and Reconstruction we are currently recruiting a key hire to join our team.
We’re searching for a passionate technical writer to join our team and help take our product focus to the next level. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. You have an unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
The Technical Writer will prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
With a principal focus on main revenue-winning streams, the TA will gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write clear and engaging content to delight our users and ensure that they receive maximum value from our solutions.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Release notes grooming and standardisation
- Owner of technical nomenclature and descriptive conventions
- Advocate for tone of voice message clarity
- Originator or editor of content to support a technical audience and business users in both pre and post sales settings to support the successful adoption of our technology from evaluation to scaled usage
- Quality feedback on acceptance criteria and delivered product
- Support agent enablement
- Curator of knowledge base materials and community assets
- Garbage collector of expired technical content that has outlived its purpose
Skills and Experience Required
- Equivalent experience or bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Communications, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical writing for a high-growth B2B technology company.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Using Git or other version control workflows
- Familiarity with contemporary content management systems
- Experience in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects based on changing business requirements.
- Can-do service-oriented attitude toward external and internal audiences.
- Well organized, self-driven person who is committed to detail and high-quality output.
- A skilled communicator who is transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Knowledge of cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes or containers would be beneficial.
Salary and Benefits
- Glasswall offers a competitive salary and incentives package.
- Benefits include private health care and pension contribution.
- We offer flexible and remote working options.
Interested candidates, please visit http://careers.glasswallsolutions.com/ to apply.
Glasswall website: www.glasswallsolutions.com